I had a super early wedding to set up that morning.
![]() |
| Fashionably late as always. |
Before we hit the road, I made her check out the Ocean View Pier flea market (put on by the Willoughby Civic League) with me. It only happens once a year and it was filled with LEGIT, VINTAGE goodness! I picked up these beauties for $10!
![]() |
| A shelf that I'm going to turn into a cupcake stand, a pretty glass pedestal, and some copper baking molds (I'm slightly obsessed with collecting these.) |
A short drive later, we arrived at the lovely Williamsburg Winery just in time to miss the tour that was about to start.
We perused for an hour and finally it was time to get the party started!
Our guide was terrible and left us thoroughly confused and bewildered throughout the tour. I won't lie, all I cared about was tasting the wine.
We started with whites (which Mom enjoyed) and moved onto reds (my faves). I used smiley faces as my ranking system as we moved through the different wines.
I'm pretty sure we both had a buzz once we were finished tasting.
After that we grabbed a (delicious) bite to eat, may or may not have indulged in a glass of wine, walked around Colonial Williamsburg, and partook in some shenanigans.
![]() |
| Giddyup! |
Don't worry, we burned off all of the alcohol by walking around (and riding wooden horses).
Before we left we popped into the Wythe Candy Shop and picked up these beauties.
![]() |
| Chocolate jalepeno for me. Salted chocolate caramel (?) for mom. |
'Twas a super fun day and a great way to kick off Mom's 54th year of life.
Mom, Mummy, Mother, Unit, Chuck, Brad Charles, Busey....(I know I'm missing a bunch) - I love you and want to wish you a very happy birthday!!!
And also this...













Love the blog...it was a fun time for sure! Thanks again for sharing the day with your old mummy! ~~~mom
ReplyDeleteHappy burfday to Margie, Happy burfday to you!
ReplyDelete'ya bunch of winos! LM