When I asked BT what he would like to do for his birthday weekend extravaganza, his reply was, "ride my bike and hang out with you". I happily obliged.
We kicked it off bright and early on Saturday morning with
Gypsy's Poker Run.
 |
| Don't talk to me yet. |
 |
| Don't talk to him either. |
The starting point was at a classy establishment called
Poppa's Pub. A landmark in Virginia Beach!
 |
| Caffeinated. |
First stop on the run was Chix Custom Cycles. They did not have they're shit together when we got there, so we stood around and waited to
pull our card....and waited....
 |
| I tried so hard not to smile. |
Next up was Murphy's at the Oceanfront.
Followed by
Hotrodder's in Chesapeake. We met the owner (real nice fellow) and he insisted on taking our picture for his wall of fame inside the cafe.
 |
| He took one of us acting "normal" and this one. I was glad he picked this one! |
The run ended at AJ Gator's on Witchduck. We enjoyed a beer, tried to win some raffle prizes (no dice), and planned the next leg of our epic weekend.
 |
Tired of our selfies "togetheries"yet? Too bad!
|
Part two of our journey involved driving up to the little town of Lanexa (New Kent County) for a
"Biker Bash". It turned out to be a flop, but was a gorgeous ride.
 |
Pit stop for a picture!
|
We took scenic, Highway 5, half of the
"Five & Dime run", on the way home.
Roughly 200 miles and a VERY sore ass later, we were back in OV! Oscar needed some attention so down to the beach we went. Hooray for daylight savings!
But wait! There's more! That was only day one of BT's epic birthday bash! Sunday morning we decided on a ride to nowhere through the OBX. Well, we did have to stop at the
Morris Farm Market because they were closed the last time we came through and I really wanted BT to experience the amazingness!
 |
| THAT, my friends, is a peach cider float. And it was worth every calorie. |
 |
| ...at least that's what BT told me. He ate most of it. ;) |
 |
| "Kiss my grits!" |
With our blood sugar levels all jacked up and the day still young, we decided that the Cape Hatteras lighthouse was going to be our final destination.
We stopped for a pee break at, fittingly named,
Pea Island, where we ran into this little guy.
 |
Deadly poisonous, I'm sure! Thank goodness I had big, bad, BT to protect me.
|
It felt like an eternity, but we made it to
the lighthouse!
 |
| Me doing my best lighthouse impression. |
 |
| Ladies and gentlemen, meet my boyfriend, Tony. ((whispering))...he's special. |
We made a pit stop at the (nearly empty) beach on the way back.
And the (much prettier)
Bodie Island Lighthouse.
 |
| I love this picture! |
One last stop, because we are 5 year olds trapped in 30-somethings bodies...
A weekend total of 500 miles on the bike (and our asses) and we didn't kill each other!! I think BT's super fun-bike riding-rule breaking-birthday adventure-weekend was a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment