January 6, 2016

2015 - Year in Review


2015.  Where do I even begin?  This year was filled with so much happiness.  A lot of change.  A little uncertainty.  Some adjusting.  Tons of fun.  The trip of a lifetime.  And a kickass wedding to the man of my dreams that we somehow managed to pull off in just three months time!  What a great year it's been.  

Here are some highlights!  

I left my beloved Ocean View in January for good old Jacksonville, NC.  

Don't worry, the pug came with me. 

I tried my hand at a local Farmer's Market.  It's been tough getting the business up and running out here, but I'm far from giving up.


BT and I ran a couple of mud runs early in the year.  We're signed up to do a few more in 2016!


In late March, after a week of half-assed planning, we took off on an 11-day motorcycle trip for BT's (early) 40th birthday.  I've still yet to write a post about the trip, but I did make a pretty cool highlight video.

The trip was such an awesome experience.



Chuck got a tattoo in May!  Whaaaat?!?!


Beautiful!

Memorial Day Weekend in D.C. for Rolling Thunder.  This was my second year going, so I'm a seasoned vet now.  


Standing amongst the sea of bikes in the Pentagon parking lot.  Nothing makes BT happier than hundreds of thousands of bikes.  

I tried my hand at gardening and didn't do half bad!  My zucchinis got taken over by squash bugs after about a month of producing, but everything else did quite well.  I'm excited to expand it this year!

April
May
June
BT asked me to marry him in June!


We quickly picked a date, picked a place, and got busy with the wedding planning!


Poor Oscar lost his sight right before the wedding.  Definitely the low point of 2015.


On top of being diagnosed with diabetes (the reason behind the sudden blindness), he's had two surgeries to remove cysts.  It's been a tough year for him, but he is coping well, given the circumstances.  "Puglife" turned 13 in December and is still going strong!  At this point, every day with him is a blessing in my eyes.

We spoil the crap out of him these days.  

In September, BT and I escaped up to Shenandoah National Park, one of our favorite places to hike.


On the first day, we tackled the three falls hike.  The next day was spent struggling up the White Oak Canyon/Cedar Run trail (in the opposite direction that we previously had done it).  And on day 3 we hiked Old Rag in record time.  We also cliff dove into freezing cold water and sang karaoke at the white trashiest campground ever.  Good times!


October was here before we knew it and it was off to the Canaan Valley, a beautiful ski resort in West Virginia which happened to be about the halfway point between each of our families.

It was simply gorgeous out there.


And the turnout was great, with only a couple of family members not being able to make the trip.

I was going to write more, but there are just so many pictures that I think I'll do a separate post all about the wedding.  :)  Short version is:  IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER.


In November we had to get all dressed up again for the Marine Corps ball, which was at a brewery this year, so you know we had fun.  


Thanksgiving was spent in Virginia Beach.  And in early December, we spotted this thing for sale and bought it!  


Say hello to our second attempt at a food truck:  The Blustering Baker's Cottage of Confections.  Too long?  How about The Snack Shanty?  Chow Shack?  Grubbery Hut!?  Mobile Munchies?...

Lots of work to do!

It was back up to Virginia Beach for Christmas with the fam!


And then off to Michigan to celebrate New Year's Eve with BT's family.  We sought out some pretty awesome pit stops along the way.  

Dinosaur Land in White Post, VA.
A Christmas Story House in Cleveland, OH. 
The Heidelberg Project in Detroit.
Hell, MI.  It froze over!
At last, we made it to Ionia, MI!  
New Years Eve was spent playing Cards Against Humanity.  It was hilarious.  

So excited to see what 2016 has in store!  Happy New Year!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment