Welcome to the first installment of “Are You F$#&ing Serious?!”
My (potential) customers have sent me some pretty ridiculous, off the wall requests – and continue to do so on a regular basis - but this one, by far, ranks in the top three. And I’ve got to hand it to myslef for the response. Classic. Of course, I never did send the response…I chickened out. My brother begged me to let him send it, but I just couldn’t bring myself to let it happen. This person was obviously “special” and I did not want to patronize them. That’s not what I’m Roxie’s Cupcakes is about.
From jaalexander122265@comcast.net
To laura@roxiescupcakes.com
Date Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Subject cupcakes
hide details Mar 4
Roxie hi my name is Joyce Alexander i had emailed you before on it if delivered to Bealeton Va, i know you dont i was wondering if you could help us out we really like you square cupcake stand that you have in the picture of the fall leaf cupcakes, we want to make a stand like that was wondering if we could have the measurement of each level of the stand including length,width and height and we also love the piping you have did for the fall theme they kinda look like flower was wondering what technique u used to make them look that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much Joyce
??? REALLY ??? After spending about half an hour trying to even make sense of the email, I came up with the most logical response I could think of:
Joyce,
Please find attached the specifications for the square stand you are interested in making.
As far as the decoration of the cupcakes go, I have included simple, step by step instructions below:
Step 1 - Open your Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, etc.)
Step 2 - Type in: www.google.com
Step 3 - In the search field enter "how to pipe flowers onto a cupcake"
I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can assist you with (e.g. top secret recipes, cost analysis spreadsheets, how to properly use punctuation, etc.), please don't hesitate to ask!
Best,
--
Laura Zimmerman
Of course the best part of the email was the attachment labeled “stand specifications”…which opened to this:
HEH.

No comments:
Post a Comment