Last week I was notified by the Virginian Pilot that my cupcake biz was nominated (thanks to my awesome family & friends) for their upcoming “Cupcake Taste Test”. I’m not for certain who I’m up against, it’s all very top secret-007ish, I just know that there are three other nominees.
Fast forward to last night. After pining over it all week long, I boxed up my four selected flavors and headed out to deliver them to the newspaper’s office by 6:30pm. It’s a 15 minute trip down the road for me, but I made sure to give myself PLENTY of time to get there…just in case. Well, in typical LauraZ fashion, I hit EVERY SINGLE red light. As I was approaching the train tracks, you guessed it, I got stopped at those. I sat there for so long I finally flipped a bitch and took an alternate route. Of course this caused me to get lost and miss the turn for the building. Meanwhile the temperature gauge on Ol’ Red was rapidly climbing (I’ve been having issues with it overheating recently). I finally parked and ran to the entrance of the building, which was locked. Luckily I ran into an employee who was leaving for the day and he pointed me in the right direction. 6:30 on the dot I come flying through the back door, sweat soaking through my t-shirt, out of breath, bag of cupcakes in hand. I’m telling you, the security guard must have thought I was nuts. BUT, mission accomplished! The delivery is done dude! Results will run in July 31st’s paper! ***Fingers crossed that they don’t totally bash my cupcakes***
| The submission. From top-bottom: Jelly Donut, Peanut Butter Cup, Tuxedo Cake, Blueberry Bliss. |
No comments:
Post a Comment