July 25, 2013

Fishing Trip!

Another check for the Life List!  Although, technically, this was not deep sea fishing…it was deep Chesapeake Bay fishing.  Meh, close enough! 

Dad & I departed on the Sally T at approximately 0800.  There was an interesting mix of folks aboard.   It was a perfect, overcast day for fishing.   



A 30 minute ride and we arrived at first fishing spot.  The Captain announced for us to “let ‘em go!”!


Dad made the first catch (out of the two of us).  


Me:  "So now I'm just supposed to stand over this bucket and watch it die?!?!?"
Dad:  Bwahahahahaha!!!  If you throw it back, we'll start a riot!  


Shortly after everyone started catching fish, the Skipper came by and filled the buckets with water.  I was happy that they got to live a bit longer.  


The guy to the left of me would not shut up.  Every time he'd catch one he'd say, "Welp!  Got enough to stink up a pan!"  He sounded just like Herschel from the Walking Dead.  


Someone on the boat caught a toad fish.  


And a shark.  


I caught a few here and there, but Dad had the most luck.  He even caught a double!  


Right as the sun started to come out and the temperature began to rise, it was time to head back.  This was a 1/2 day trip and Dad and I both agreed we would've been OK with a 1/4 day trip, if such a thing existed...haha!  (I obviously inherited my lack of patience from him.)  

We combined our bucket of fish with Herschel's.  We didn't want to clean all of them and his family (Maggie & Beth??) was having a fish fry that weekend, so he was happy.  


On the ride back, we got to see the USS Harry S. Truman leaving for a 6 month deployment!  


'Twas a great time!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment