December 31, 2013

So Long, 2013

2013.  Oh my...where to start?  

The year started off with a not so fabulous trip to Nashville, but I did get to see the BFF for one day, and that made it well worth it.  I don't know how I'd get through life without her.  

In February, I went back to work part-time.  Full-time self-employment was not for me.  I wish I could have made it work out, but it was too (financially) stressful, and I really did miss the social interaction.  I feel a lot more balanced these days.  I have some financial stability from the part-time job while still having plenty of time & energy to spend on what I love most.

For the 6th year in a row, I ran the Shamrock half marathon.  For the first time ever, I signed up at the last minute and was hardly trained/ready for it.  

In May, AZ and I ran (our now annual) Chick-Fil-A 10K.  Oh, and I turned 31.  *sigh*  

June brought with it the trip of a lifetime with the BFF.  Chicago was everything I thought it would be and more.  I only wish that her and I could escape more often.  


Dad and I boarded the Sally T in July for a little bit of croaker fishing.  'Twas a blast!  


August was a doozy.  Oscar came down with a terrible eye infection (both eyes!) and gave me a really good scare, having come very close to losing one of his eyeballs.  I'm so glad my lil' badass is doing better now.  



September can be summed up with two words:  FOOTBALL SEASON!  And my Titans got off to a great start with a big, fat "W" against the Pittsburgh Shittsburgh Steelers.  Unfortunately,  it was not a sign of things to come, and we ended the season 7-9 no thanks to our QB who is apparently made of glass and a worthless coach.  (I'm not bitter, I promise.)  

Labels out.  It's only weird if it doesn't work.  (PS - It doesn't work, AZ.)
Roxie's Cupcakes celebrated its 5 year (officially) anniversary in September.  It was a good time to reflect back on where I started and how far things have come.  If there is one thing I've learned in those 5 years, it's to stop focusing on the destination and just enjoy the journey!  


I kept busy with weddings in October, but was able to take a little time out to visit the Williamsburg Winery with Chuck.  Hilarity ensued (as it always does when there is wine involved).  

Giddyup!
AZ and I also ran our second race of the season together, The Wicked 10K.  


I think I officially gave up on dating in November.  As the BFF would say, my dating life is "hilariously tragic".  (Good to know that I at least keep her entertained.)  

For our 3rd and final race of the season, AZ and I ran the Turkey Trot 10K.  A PR for him!  I'm so impressed by his progress and incredibly lucky to have such a great running buddy.

  
My junk drawer was featured on a fun, unique project called (fittingly) The Junk Drawer Project in the beginning of December.  And my Etsy shop was featured on The Etsy Promoter blog!  I kept busy with plenty of last minute Christmas orders and just like that, we're 12 hours away from ringing in 2014!  

So I raise my glass and propose a toast.  

Here's to a successful year for Roxie's Cupcakes and The Blustering Baker and all of the exciting changes I have in store for them.  

Here's to embracing my chronic singledom, being unapologetic about who I am and how I live my life, and to my general fabulousness.  

Here's to checking as many things as I possibly can off of the Life List.  

Here's to being one kick ass runner.  

1.5 mi military fit test.  Kickin' ass & takin' names.  
Here's to 365 more of these.  

#OV4Life
Here's to being confident.  

Here's to selfies.  

This one will never get old.  

"Here’s to a long life and a merry one
A quick death and an easy one
A pretty girl and an honest one
A cold beer and another one!"

Here's to friends.  


Here's to family.  

 

Here's to YOU.  

Here's to 2014.  


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blogs....you have a way with words. And you are ...generally...FABULOUS! ~~~Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep the blogs coming! And here's to YOU! AND a fabulous, fantastic, extra-ordinary 2014:) - LM (aka your former running buddy)

    ReplyDelete