December 2, 2013

Turkey Trot 10K - 2013

It was cold!    


I won't bore you with the details.  I didn't record any of our splits.  I just know that we crossed the 5K marker at around 25 minutes.  We were hauling ass!!  

Shortly after that, AZ's shoe came untied.  Twice.  The second time it happened, I just kept running.  We had already discussed the possibility of splitting up, and he was cool with it.  I wanted to bust it out as fast as I could.  

I crossed the finish line at 53:10.  

AZ was right behind me at 54:56! 


Can I just say how proud I am of this boy?!?!?!  


Let us compare:
2012 Turkey Trot:  1:02:56 - 47th out of 52 in his age group.  
2013 Turkey Trot:  54:56 - 41st out of 78 in his age group.  And a whole 9 seconds faster than the Wicked 10K!  

As for me?  I'm happy with my time.  I really want to break 50 next year!  I came close in 2011!  
2007:  57:23
2008:  1:07:28
2009:  56:39
2010:  54:35
2011:  50:11
2012:  1:02:55
2013:  53:10
^^^ 7 years of Turkey Trotting!!!^^^ 


It better be warmer next year!  



No comments:

Post a Comment