Well the results of the big, bad, cupcake throwdown were published on Sunday and I fared quite well, coming in a close second to none other than Carolina Cupcakery, Hampton Roads’ first “cupcakery”. I’ll be honest, I (along with many other people) thought it was extremely unfair that two of the judges nominated the winner, but what can you do? I’m certainly not losing any sleep over it. In fact, I’m thrilled that lil’ ol’ Roxie’s Cupcakes was even chosen to be a part of the taste test! Free advertising! So has my phone been blowing up this week with people wanting to place orders? Not exactly. I did get a few phone calls on Monday after the article ran. “Waste of time orders” is what I like to refer to them as. “Hi! I want to order a dozen cupcakes. Can I get 5 different flavors in that dozen?” Me (while banging my head against the wall): “No. Minimum order is one dozen per flavor.” “Hi, I want to order a dozen cupcakes. Where is your store located?” Me (while banging my head against the wall): “No storefront. I’m a home-based business.” I mean, do people even read anything on the website? But hey, money is money. And you never know when one of those little “waste of time orders” is going to lead something huge. With that said, I’m just gonna keep on bakin’ on!

No comments:
Post a Comment