I called up Chuck and told here we were going. She gets dragged along to all of these
ridiculous ideas of mine and is always a good sport about.
We walked around the expo checking out the wares and
stocking up on free pens while continuously checking the “main stage” for the
host with the most. He was supposed to
be doing a Q&A at 2pm, but they were running behind. We walked to the booths of the dessert
competitors after the competition had finished and found some crappy displays
and a lot of crumbs. We couldn't care
less about it; we just didn't want my nemesis to win.
Finally there was some commotion on the main stage. And Chef Ron appeared to announce the
winner. Swan Terrace, from The Founder’s
Inn! Yay for them!
After a brief Q&A with some rather lame questions from
the audience (I’m still kicking myself for not asking a question), they
announced that Chef Ron would be signing autographs. I grabbed Chuck and we hauled ass over to
where he’d be. Normally I don’t have the
patience for silly stuff like this, but we had secured a decent spot in line
and I had a cake pop in my purse for Chef Ron and was going to see to it that
it made it into those genius hands of his!
Once we got closer to the front of the line, one of his “people”
handed us a sticky note for us to write our name on and hand to him when we got
up there in order to keep the line moving quickly (i.e. not having every person
up there have to spell out their name for him).
I wasn't sure if it’d fly, but I wrote on mine “Roxie’s Cupcakes are the
best!!!”.
As the two ladies in front of us approached the table, Chuck
and devised our picture taking strategy (they were not allowing posed
pictures).
**Side note: as I
type this, I feel absolutely ridiculous admitting that we actually devised a picture
taking strategy…but sadly it is true.***
Finally, my turn arrived!
I was so nervous and star struck by this strange, flamboyant man who
hosts a show that most people have never heard of.
I stuttered something about being a big fan and then handed him the cake pop that I had stashed in my purse along with one of my super cute and crafty, home-made business cards.
I stuttered something about being a big fan and then handed him the cake pop that I had stashed in my purse along with one of my super cute and crafty, home-made business cards.
Chef Ron was incredibly nice and very laid back. Nothing like what he personifies on the
show. He asked about the cake pop and if
it was my audition for the show. I
laughed and told him “I have what it takes to be the next sweet genius!” He gave me my autograph and we were on our way!
I might as well just change my name to Roxie.




No comments:
Post a Comment