A synopsis in pictures.
Stayed at the most awesome place ever.
Monday:
Dinner & beers at The Scout.
![]() |
(Target Fiasco) Tuesday:
Got lost trying to find Target.
Navy Pier for a ride on the Ferris wheel. (It was terrifying.)
WRIGLEY FIELD!!!
Pre-tour cocktail at The (world famous?) Cubby Bear.
Tour of “the friendly confines”. Mind.
Blown.
I learned so much about Wrigley Field!
This billboard changes every series with a dig at the opposing team. (They were playing the Reds this series.) You can see them all here. Funny stuff.
| Go read about the "Eamus Catuli!" sign to the lower left. It's interesting. |
I told Jen that I would
not leave Chicago until I saw Harry Caray.
Pre-game we had a couple of beers at a few random places.
![]() |
| A Mark Grace fan! (Who recently completed a 4 month sentence in Maricopa County's infamous "jail" for DUI.) |
Dinner at Moe’s Cantina. Muy excelente.
Game time!
| 'Twas a packed house. (Not!) |
Drank my very first Old Style. It was awful.
7th Inning Stretch.
CHOO CHOO!
| Very original. I know. |
Cubs lose! Cubs
lose! (Final score: 12-2)
Drowned our sorrows at The Dugout.
What an adventure that was…
Wednesday:
OUCH
Lunch at Irazu (at the suggestion of Jen's scrabble friend).
| It once appeared on "Triple D", hence the Guy Fieri special. |
It was BYOB, so we had
the most awesome mango-lime mimosas, only with vodka instead of champagne
because we’re hardcore.
Ice cream at Margie’s (at the suggestion of some guy we met
at The Dugout the night before).
And even though we weren't the least bit hungry, we ventured
out later that night to The Little Goat Diner, one of Stefanie Izzard’s (Top
Chef) places.
![]() |
Thursday:
I went for a walk down to the lake front before we had to
leave.
Oh look! The fountain
from Married with Children!
Chicago was every bit of awesome that I thought it would be
and more.
I'm incredibly lucky to have a friend as wonderful as Jen to share the adventure with.
Seeing a game at Wrigley was a dream come true.
"The grass was green, the ivy was lush, the sky was the perfect shade of Cubbie blue." ~Thomas Zimmerman
"The grass was green, the ivy was lush, the sky was the perfect shade of Cubbie blue." ~Thomas Zimmerman
![]() |
| Don't ask. |
And I’ll leave you with these words of wisdom from the
homeless rapper on the El.










No comments:
Post a Comment