Una dia de tres comes to you via the ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera.
I had no idea where I was going last night, so Ingrid sat down with a map and went over some options with me. She said the southern most point of the Nicoya Peninsula has a lot to see and do, so I said OK! That’s where I’ll go next! Unfortunately, it’s quite a ways from Curubande, so today turned into a travel day for me, mas o menos. Quite alright by me, my legs are SORE from yesterday’s hike. I really don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything…it has been quite an adventure thus far. I caught the bus out of Curubande this morning with Gerard, because he had to go into town and their car was broken down. Once in Liberia, Gerard helped me find the correct bus to Puntarenas…it was just getting ready to leave. Bueno!
I had no idea where I was going last night, so Ingrid sat down with a map and went over some options with me. She said the southern most point of the Nicoya Peninsula has a lot to see and do, so I said OK! That’s where I’ll go next! Unfortunately, it’s quite a ways from Curubande, so today turned into a travel day for me, mas o menos. Quite alright by me, my legs are SORE from yesterday’s hike. I really don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything…it has been quite an adventure thus far. I caught the bus out of Curubande this morning with Gerard, because he had to go into town and their car was broken down. Once in Liberia, Gerard helped me find the correct bus to Puntarenas…it was just getting ready to leave. Bueno!
The ride to Puntarenas was 3 hours. I listened to some podcasts, enjoyed the scenery, and napped. J Once in Puntarenas, I needed to find the ferry. It was approx. 3 KM down the beach strip which was filled with vendors and restaurants.
Once I found the ferry and confirmed it left at 1400, I found a place to grab a bite. I ordered some ceviche de pescado and, wait for it, una Imperial! Is there any other beer out here?!?! The ceviche was muy fresco y delicioso.
| Yep, there is ice in my beer. That's how they brought it to me. |
So the ferry is underway, it’s about an hour and 15 min ride Once I get to Paquera, I’ll need to hop on another bus to Montezuma, which is where, upon the suggestion of the German girl I met this morning at the lodge, I’ve decided to stay next. That bus ride is 2 hours, mas o menos, from what I’ve been told. Aye. The good thing is, once I make it over there, it’ll be a short bus trip to Samara or Nosara (?). I can stay there for a day or two and then another short trip to Tamarindo, my final destination.
No comments:
Post a Comment