I bagged up all my stinky clothes and paid some little laundry place on the corner 10 bucks to wash it for me, haha! I don't think I really had a choice in the matter, the town didn't have a "laundry mat" that I had seen.
I spent the afternoon just strolling around the beach, popped into a few gift shops and browsed their wares, and took a refreshing afternoon dip in the ocean. This adventure was finally starting to catch up with me and I was exhausted. As much fun as "ladies night" would've been, I opted to skip it, have an early dinner, and call it a night.
Dinner was at a place I had passed earlier in the afternoon. Ahora Si, a vegetarian restaurant! Que bueno!
Ok, I thought my dinner the night before was awesome...this was 10 times better. It was the best meal I've had here, and one of the best meals I've had in my life! Rewind though, when I entered the place I asked the lady working there if she spoke english and she did. I told her how excited I was to have found a vegetarian restaurant and she went on to tell me that she had opened it about 8 months ago...it had always been her dream. How awesome is that?! I could definitely relate!
I asked for her recommendation and she suggested the Paradise Curry. Sounds good to me!
Ok, so it may not look that appetizing, but it was out of this world! On the left are steamed veggies with a papaya sauce unlike anything I've ever tasted in my life. One the right is tofu and veggies in a coconut curry sauce. I all but licked the plate clean.
Amazing. This woman knows what she's doing. I wished her the best of luck and was on my way back to the lodge for a good night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment