September 15, 2011

Day 5 (Part II) - Montezuma

After my topless siesta on the beach, I ventured back into town to figure out how I was going to get to my next destination.  When I stopped and asked one of the shuttle companies, they informed that there is only one shuttle out of Montezuma and it leaves at 0900...meaning I was stuck here for another day.  I was bummed, but I'd have to make the best of it.  The town was starting to grow on me anyway. 

I knew one thing was for sure, I HAD to find somewhere else to stay. I ended up booking a room at the Sano Banano, which was a super chill coffee house/restaurant/WiFi zone...I had already stopped into numerous times for coffee and internet usage.  The best part was, they let me check into the place at, like, 1230...it's green season and these places are desperate for business!  Bueno! 


A "splurge" compared to the last place.

I locked up my stuff in the room and decided to head out to the Montezuma waterfalls.  Unfortunately, the path to the falls had been washed away, so back to town I went. 


Still very pretty, even though I couldn't get the top of the trail. 

I popped into Chicos where I chatted with Steven from San Francisco.  He was here for a week at the surf school and was very nice & polite, but seemed like he had no interest in learning the lanuage, the culture, etc...that just seemed kind of "prick-ish" to me.  Everywhere I go I speak spanish, even when I know they speak english.  And when I don't know how to say, or I say something wrong, they help!  Embarassing?  Si.  But how else will I learn???

Dinner was from Sano Banano, where I was staying.  I opted for the "casadas typical" - typical Costa Rican meal. 

Anything that's served with half an avacado is worth blogging about...muy delicioso.
Bedtime was a little later than usual. The shuttle wasn't departing until 0900, so I knew I'd be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment