Once I settled into my room, I headed down the main road to beach. Absolutely beautiful, as is the case with everything out here.
| Samara beach at low tide. The thin layer of water on the sand is like a mirror. |
I explored for a while, watched some folks learn to surf - the waves here are pretty small, in Montezuma they were much bigger, and jumped in the ocean for a quick swim. The water felt incedible!
Chilled out for a while back at the lodge, finally got some blogging done! Cleaned up and headed back out in search of some dinner. The place I chose was right on the beach and it was absolutely gorgeous. The moon was full, there was reggae music playing, and I was sipping on a glass of vino...AHHH.
| Un burrito con camarones (shrimp) - one of the best meals I've had here. |
I stayed for another glass of vino and a group of americans sat done at the table behind me. I wasn't trying to be nosey, but one of the girls was talking about how she'd like to travel solo one day and wondering aloud how it would be. I turned around and said "it's amazing!". I ended up chatting with them for a while and telling them about my adventure thus far. They informed me about Olas, the place where everyone ends up at night because it stays open the latest. They also said they'd be hanging out at Tabanuco the next night because Thursday is ladies night and there are free drinks por las chicas from 9-11. Sweet...
No comments:
Post a Comment