September 15, 2011

Day 7 (Part I) - Dia de Indepencia

Unbeknownst to me, today was Independence day for Costa Rica.  I was up early for a run and had headed out for some breakfast around 8, when I heard drums and saw that everyone was lining the street for a parade.  How cool! 


After the parade it was breakfast time, I was on the verge of being hangry (so hungry that I'm angry). 


Gallo pinto con juevos is the breakfast of champs. 
I walked back to the lodge and got changed into my swimsuit.  Not sure what the day would hold, but the sun was shining bright and it was time for the beach!


I rented a kayak for about an hour and really enjoyed the upper body workout!  After kayaking it was time for a siesta. 

I'd bought a sarong in Montezuma and it now doubled as my beach towel. 
It was a hot one!  I lounged around for a while and then headed back to the lodge to try and figure out a way to get some clothes washed.  By this point I'd worn pretty much everything I brought, like, twice.  And it was all damp and smelly and festering in my backpack.  Yuck. 

I needed some snackage. so I made a pit stop on the walk home. 

I have no idea what Leche Miel is, but that shit is like crack. 

2 comments:

  1. Hola, mi amiga!!! this is your tia Laura writing...Oye, Laura, you are having a fantastico time!!! Que bueno!! I am jealous porque I have nunca been to a spanish speaking pais!! I have enjoyed reading tus blogs...very interesante, indeed. Mi favorito: chasing down the shuttle. Ay, que horrible! Keep the blogs comin'!! And buena suerte in your run that's coming up!!! you are sure to rock it! Hasta luego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. from Aunt Laura again: ps your photos are amazing...I want your camera!

    ReplyDelete