I attempted a run in the morning, but that didn't last long, because the stretch of beach is pretty short and is bordered by a lot of rocks. Breakfast was from a little place I had noticed the night before while walking around, The Bakery Cafe - right up my alley :). I had a veggie omelette (which was the size of my head and fried in so much butter I could feel my arteries clogging); cafe con leche (of course) and homemade bread. When in Rome...
On a whim, I decided I would venture into the TINY town of Cabuya which is located 7 km south of Montezuma...walking distance, but very hilly and I was told it was unsafe to walk. Luckily there was a bus that ran pretty much all day, so I hopped on one around noonish and headed into town. I had reserved a "rustic cabin" from Air B&B, a website that rents out people's properties - similar to Craigslist. The owner was not going to be there when I arrived, but I was told the family next door would get me all setup.
Aye! What an adventure that turned out to be! NOBODY speaks a lick of English in Cabuya. No idea how, but I found the place I had rented and Maria Luz, the madre of the owner was cleaning it up for me. It truly was a rustic cabin! Holy shit. There are no bars or restaurants in Cabuya, just two small Supermarcados. I picked up a beer and some platanos (plantain chips...so yummy) and headed off to find the beach.
| Downstairs was a kitchen & lounging area - all open air - and a bathroom with a rock floor and bamboo walls. Upstairs was a couple of hammocks... ...and the bedroom. |
No comments:
Post a Comment