September 14, 2011

Day 3 (Part II) - Arrive in Montezuma

I arrived in Paquera and after exiting the ferry and using the bathroom, was told that I had missed the only bus to Montezuma.  So I had to cab it.  I sware, I'm going to end up spending more money on transportation than on lodging when this is all said and done.  It is NOT easy to get around Costa Rica.  The roads are terrible, the busses are unreliable and the taxi drivers rip you off.  Should have done more resarch on what it would've costed to rent a car...oh well.  Live and learn, right? 


The view from Chicos, where I stopped in for a beer. 

Once in Montezuma, I pretty much just picked the closest hotel and got a room.  I had no intention of even coming here, so I had done zero research on the lodging.  You can guess where this is going, no?  The place I stayed was an absolute dump.  It reeked like disinfectant, there were bugs, the mattress was terrible, the shower was freezing...you get the point.  I used my rain coat as a barrier between the bed and my body that night.  Worst night's sleep ever.  Couldn't wait to get the hell outta there. 

The Hilton, this was  not.
Montezuma, seemed like a really chill town.  Very small, beautiful beach.  Locals were super helpful (I think that's anywhere you go in Costa Rica, though).  I had to decide what I was going to do next...I knew I wasn't staying in Hotel Aurora for another night!

No comments:

Post a Comment