My 7th half marathon. Bib number 7073. Starting in corral 7. Temps in the 70’s. What a great day it turned out to be for the Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon! I’m going to skip the detailed race report because Laura M. already did a fantastic job of recapping the day’s events.
![]() |
| Bright eyed, bushy tailed, and ready to punch this half marathon in the face! |
Overall, the race was a huge success. We finished in just under 2:09:00 and barely broke a sweat! ;) In going back and looking up my past results, this was a personal best for me at an RNR event! Previous times were 2:19:40 and 2:33:29 (ouch!) in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Talk about a major improvement! It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you don’t party hard and actually get adequate sleep in the nights leading up to a big race…HA! I do remember 2008 being ridiculously hot & humid though and I know for a fact I walked the entire 8th mile, hence the terrible finishing time.
![]() |
| Rock n' Roll 1/2 Marathon Montage |
I managed to record our splits, with one little mess up around the 8th mile – so there are a few seconds that are unaccounted for and these don’t exactly add up to 2:08:54, but it’s close enough!
Mile 1: 9:31 ßOff to a great start!
Mile 2: 9:11 ßGettin’ it done!
Mile 3: 9:15 ßTalk about consistent!
Mile 4: 9:29
Mile 5: 9:35
Mile 6: 9:37
Mile 7: 9:46
Mile 8: 9:43
Mile 9: 10:07 ßStarting to get tired!
Mile 10: 10:08
Mile 11: 10:20
Mile 12: 10:50 ßYep, we were over it.
Mile 13.1: 10:59
Am I great pacer, or what?!?! HAHA!
Seriously, the miles just seemed to fly by. We were having such a great time, there were SO many people out cheering the runners on and plenty of bands along the way, of course!
![]() |
| There goes Elvis! |
The highlight of the race for me was seeing Ryan Hall (who holds the American Record for the marathon) out on the course. So exciting! I had no idea he would be at this one! The pack of frontrunners is typically Kenyans. You rarely see any elite American runners at this event.
Hands down, this was my favorite RNR event that I’ve done thus far! Having Laura M. as a training partner was such a blast. I can’t wait to do it again next year!!!
![]() |
| This is my favorite picture because I'm goofing off, holding us up and Laura M. is like, "Come on!!! Must go faster!!!" |





Wowsee wow wow!!! re: all your bloggin': you got skills! didn't know you had such hilarious writing ability. your sense of humor kills. and loved your race recap - nicely done! liked the way you broke down the mile by mile pace...we started out with a bang, didn't we?!!?! will sessoms, eat your heart out!
ReplyDelete