September 14, 2011

Day 5 (Part I) - Back to Montezuma

I was up and at 'em early despite having stayed up so late on my adventure.  I showered in the super rustic shower, which surprisingly had tepid water (unlike the dump I stayed at the night before - it was ice cold there). 


I knew there was a bus back to Montezuma at 0730, so I got out of there.  It was shaping up to be a nice day, so I decided I'd grab some breakfast and hit the beach when I got back to Montezuma.  Eventually I needed to get further up the Nicoya Peninsula, but I'd worry about that later...the sun was shining and the beach was calling my name!  



Breakfast was gallo pinto con juevos y tostados - a typical Costa Rican breakfast - rice & beans, eggs & toast.  And cafe con leche, of course! 

Off to the beach after a delicious breakfast.  It's so weird, by 0830 the sun is high in the sky, similar to what it feels like around noon-ish in the states.  The great thing about being here during "rainy season" is that there is NOBODY out the beach, like, seriously.  I hung out for a couple of hours, just relaxing and napping and maybe half a dozen people walked by. 


Yep...that's my bathing suit top.  ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment